ENERGY STAR® Appliance & Central A/C Rebate
Receive energy credits for new ENERGY STAR® rated appliances (limit of 2 rebates per appliance type):
$150 for central air conditioning unit
$100 for refrigerator/freezer combos
$100 for standalone freezers
Mid-Ohio Energy is offering rebates to any residential co-op members who replace their existing refrigerators or stand-alone freezers with a new ENERGY STAR®-certified appliance. See program requirements below or contact us for more information.
- Refrigerators, standalone freezers, and central a/c units must be new and ENERGY STAR® rated. See www.energystar.gov for current specifications.
- Member must be able to provide proof of ENERGY STAR® certification.
- Cooperative must verify through purchase receipt that new appliance was purchased and installed at the member's location.
- Refrigerator and/or freezer units must be sized according to cubic feet and meet size requirements to be eligible
- New ENERGY STAR® refrigerators sized 10-30 cubic feet are eligible.
- New ENERGY STAR® standalone freezers sized 10-30 cubic feet are eligible.
- Central air conditioning units must have a load management switch installed by the unit's HVAC contractor.
- Load management switches are provided by Mid-Ohio Energy at no cost.
- Mid-Ohio Energy will inspect the switch after installation.
SUBMIT A REBATE CLAIM:
CONTACT OUR OFFICES for additional rebate submission options.
All rebates are issued in the form of a credit to the member’s electric account. A maximum of two rebates per appliance type (two refrigerators / two freezers / two central a/c units), may be paid per residential member home during the current program year running through June 30, 2020.