At Mid-Ohio Energy, we work hard to keep your lights on around the clock. However, we realize that some outages can't be avoided. When your power is out, our linemen immediately go to work to restore power safely and quickly.
This page is designed to help guide members on steps to take during a power outage.
If your lights go out:
- Check for blown fuses or tripped circuit breakers.
- Check with your neighbors, try to determine if their electricity is off.
- Please contact Mid-Ohio Energy to report your outage. Never assume your neighbor has called, often it helps us locate the source of the problem when many members report the outage.
REPORTING AN OUTAGE:
Mid-Ohio Energy has a variety of ways for our members to report and track outages.
- By Phone: Call 1.888.363.6446
- Note: For quickest reporting, please be sure to call using the primary phone number listed on your account.
- By Text: Sign up for our outage texting service. Once registered, members can simply text their outage to 55050.
- Online: View and report outages instantly. Our online outage reporting page features a live outage map featuring current outages with additional outage info such as cause and estimated restoration time.
- App: Outages can be reported from your tablet or other mobile device once you've downloaded our app from the App Store or Google Play.
A brief overview of how power is restored after a major storm.
Restoring Power from NRECA on Vimeo.