Mid-Ohio Energy Cooperative is a member-owned electric cooperative. We offer excellent medical, retirement, and paid leave benefits as well as competitive salaries commensurate with position qualifications. Learn more about us.
Please see below for a current listing of jobs posted by Mid-Ohio Energy Cooperative:
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) SPECIALIST (Posted 3/2/23)
Kenton Office, Bellefontaine/Marion as needed
Manager of IT / VP of Engineering & Operations
7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Under the general supervision of the Manager of IT, the Information Technology Specialist will be responsible for assisting the IT Manager with all aspects of planning and managing corporate IT infrastructure and will work closely with the distribution system’s staff to manage the IT infrastructure integrated within the electric distribution system.
The Information Technology Specialist will also assist a neighboring distribution cooperative in Bellefontaine, Ohio on an as-needed basis under the terms of the cooperative’s Shared Services Agreement and will report to the Vice President of Engineering and Operations while performing duties there. This position includes excellent benefits including health, retirement, and paid time off.
- Maintain overall LAN/WAN network infrastructure and integrity.
- Troubleshoot and solve user PC, server, switch, router, phones and software issues.
- Train users on new technologies, equipment, and software.
- Monitor backup systems and regularly test, as well as all disaster recovery needs.
- Create and maintain hardware, network, and software inventory documentation.
- Perform regular scheduled maintenance on all servers and network appliances.
- Maintain adequate virus and malware protection and monitor their statuses.
- Regularly monitor and tune network, firewalls, and email spam.
- Promote strong cybersecurity procedures, including monitoring and training.
- Assist in the development of annual IT budget, including a hardware/software replacement strategy.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies, policies, and procedures.
- Act as corporate help desk to users with the assistance of an external consultant.
- Remain proficient on Microsoft, Apple, and database programs within the network.
- Act as a liaison with all software, hardware, networking, and security consultants.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of IT experience with multi-location network systems.
- Excellent communication skills as well as complex problem-solving skills.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft and Apple products, switches, routers, Wi-Fi, VOIP, and network client/server technologies.
- Willingness to be available 24/7 at either the Bellefontaine, Kenton or Marion locations.
- Evaluate current and emerging security technologies.
- Assist in conducting technical assessments and make recommendations to Manager of IT.
- Understand security information and event management tools (i.e. Splunk, SIEMonster, Kibana, Graylog, AlienVault).
- Maintain and support security tools and processes, including Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), firewalls, encryption, data loss prevention, email and web security gateways, remote access tools, and certificates.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening test.
- Work in an office environment. Some overtime may be required.
- Some light lifting
Please submit applications and resumes no later than March 24, 2023 to:
Mid-Ohio Energy Cooperative, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
1210 W. Lima Street, Kenton, Ohio 43326
or via email to: email@example.com.
This job description lists important functions of this position and is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may be directed to perform other reasonably related job duties and responsibilities. Mid-Ohio Energy Cooperative, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change the job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. The position description will be updated accordingly. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.